Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why did you create this blog?
I heard that writers were supposed to have a platform.
2. What does that mean?
I’m not sure, but I think it is supposed to involve a blog.
3. Are these questions actually asked frequently?
4. Why do you want to be a writer?
I enjoy making up stories.
5. Really? That’s it?
6. What do you like best about writing?
Creating characters, plot, dialogue.
7. What do you like least about writing?
Description; scene setting. Spending an hour to make a sentence right, knowing that I’ll probably have to cut it later.
8. Do you belong to a writers’ group?
Yes. I’m a proud assistant organizer of the Arlington Writers Group. We meet at a high school, where we get picked on by all the jock meetups.
9. Do you root for any professional football teams?
No, I root for the Cincinnati Bengals.
10. Have you won any awards?
With respect to awards, I’ve been lightly decorated for trivial things.
I co-wrote and co-directed the audience award-winning short, “The Little White Ball.”
I also once wrote a short story that won me a free brunch at a local hotel.